BMC OVAL TRUMPET AIRBOX FITS FOR MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION EVO X 2.0 CARS
- The Oval Trumpet Airbox is a patented complete kit for engine air aspiration and filtration.
- Usually the original car airboxes work in such a condition as the air is recalled by the engine in a "depression regime", through reduced section tubes, thus resulting in high load drop along the aspiration line.
- The OTA device with its dynamic inlet works in a "pressure regime", therefore it provides a constant and high rated quantity of air to the engine taking advantage of the dynamic effect of the air pressure.
- In addition to its oval shape, offering high installation versatility, OTA system introduces in its inner part technical solutions which optimize the fluid dynamic of the air to the engine.
- In particular, the innovative element called "TRUMPET", which is situated inside the air box in the area close to the air outlet, thanks to its shape, favors and optimizes the convey of the air flow to the engine, resulting in the diminishing of turbulences.
- This solution reduces the pressure drop along the engine aspiration line and, at the same time, takes advantage of the potentiality of the dynamic pressure of the air caused by the speed of the moving car.
- The air filter inside the air box 1 is made of a multi layer pre-oiled filtering material which grants an high filtration efficiency against limited pressure drop in the air.
- The air filter has the function of protecting the engine from all the elements (debris, sand, dust, etc…) in the air flow to the engine during the aspiration phase. BMC air filter has a very low drop (i.e. the pressure difference between the air flow at the engine side and the one at the air entrance side) in order to enable the maximum air flow.
- BMC air filter can be regenerated and re-used. Once the saturation level has been reached, it is possible to regenerate the filter by washing and re-oil operation performed by means of the relevant regeneration kit.
- Product Code: ACOTASP-05